UK Fishing Co-ops Networking Pilot Project
INTERIM PROJECT HOME PAGE
FCUL | FMA
| Fife PO | Maryport | Shetland
Fish Processorís Association | NIFPO
1. Project objectives
The specific objectives of the project are to:
- Facilitate networking activities between fishing co-operatives in small-scale
- Introduce increased use of information and communications technologies
in the marketing process, including the investigation of the feasibility
of using electronic auctions
- Support the development of individual and joint marketing strategies
- Establish the feasibility of widening the approach to include organisations
from other member states.
2. Partner organisations
The partner organisations in the project are:
- Fishing Co-operatives UK, Ltd. (email)
- Fishermenís Mutual Association (Pittenweem) (email)
- Fife Fish Producerís Organisation (email)
- Maryport and Solway Fishermenís Association (email)
- Shetland Fish Processorís Association (email)
- Northern Ireland Fish Producersí Association (email)
3. Activities and outputs
The project is executed by:
The following are some of the project activities:
1. Preliminary discussions held with all participants and email accounts
established for all participants.
2. Visit to Zebrugge Fish Auction in September 1998 and discussions
held with suppliers of electronic auctioning systems - PEFA, and Schelfhout
3. Marketing and business strategy proposals for each participating
4. Pilot web pages in preparation.
5. Web links of interest to participants listed on this site.
- Nautilus CONSULTANTS
- 30/6 Elbe Street
- Edinburgh EH6 7HW, UK
- tel. 44-131-555 0660
- fax. 44 -131-554 5902
- Email: email@example.com
General information on the project areas:
The Shetland Fishing News
Sea Angling in Pittenweem
Maryport and Cumbria.
Facts and figures
On-line guide to
Ireland - the Ards Peninsula and Portavogie
Web pages of the project participants:
Processorís Association. The members of the association are: Lerwick
Fish Traders; Shetland seafood Specialities, Ronas Fisheries, Shetland
Catch, Shetland Norse, Shetland Seafoods, Shetland Smoked Salmon, Shetland
Smokehouse - Order online, Whalsay Fish Processors, and Sheltie:
L. Williamson (Shetland Ltd.).
Fishermenís Mutual Association (Pittenweem) - existing site is part
of the Fife Food Initiative.
Fishing Co-operatives UK, Ltd.
Fife Fish Producerís Organisation
Maryport and Solway Fishermenís Association
Northern Ireland Fish Producersí Association
Other links of interest:
Highland Trail - Smoked Salmon and Other Fish'
Hallvard Leröy AS - Links
L Marie - ordering fish from the
Her Majesty's Stationery Office
Official UK government publications
See market links also for examples of electronic
seafood markets on the web.
Return to Fishy Links