was purchased in 1705 by William Baker, a direct ancestor of Kate Nicholson, the current
owner. The present house was completed in 1813 to the design of architect William
Robertson. It is a classically proportioned Irish country house set in 200 acres and
approached by one of the most impressive lime tree avenues in Ireland, planted c.1760.
The drawing room and library still carry the original wallpaper. The bedrooms offer
wonderful views of the surrounding countryside. Available locally are golf (five courses
within 30 minutes), horse riding, hill walking and trout fishing on the estates own
river. Foxhunting is organised from October to March.
Jim & Kate Nicholson
Three rooms with private bath. Two other rooms
B&B: £33 to £40. Single supplement: £7
Dinner: £21 (Please book by 2pm)
Suitable for children
No dogs allowed
Four-star self-catering Coach House
Open all year round except Christmas
Credit Cards: Amex, Visa, Mastercard
From Tipperary, take N24 through Bansha towards Cahir. The entrance is just outside
Bansha on the left.
Created by Tempo Web