A Mile Of Dublin
Paul McGrattan, Paul O'Shaughnessy
|Paul McGrattan (flute) and Paul OShaughnessy (fiddle) are both form Dublin, and are among todays major contribution to Irelands thriving traditional music scene. Their first recording together is a lively, skilful, joyful sampling of the very best of Irish music, showing clearly the strong Donegal influence that underpins their music.|
1. The Maid Behind the Barrel - The Broken Pledge - The Wild Irish Man; reels
2. The Walls of Liscarroll - Na Ceannabháin Bhána - The Colliers Jig; jigs
3. The Golden Eagle - Miss Galvin's; hornpipes
4. O'Farrell's Welcome to Limerick - Hardiman the Fiddler - Doodely Doodely Dank; slip jigs
5. My Love is in America - Paddy Ryan's Dream - Mother's Delight; reels
6. The Tuesday Barndance - Mick Carr's - Dermot McLaughlin's; barndances
7. President Garfield's - The Rat in the Thatch - The Otter's Holt; reels
8. John Egan's Reels; reels
9. Green Grow the Rushes - Casey's Pig - John Doherty's; highlands
10. Lament for Glencoe; slow air
11. The Bell Harbour Reel - The Wild Irishman - The Pretty Girls of Mayo; reels
12. Na Gamhna Geala - Ed Reavy's Highland - Miss Johnson's Reel; air, reel, highland
13. Jim McBride's - The Pipe on the Hob - The Lilliburlero Jigs; jigs
14. Micho Russel's - The Crosses of Annagh - The Launching of the Boat; reels
Paul McGrattan; flutes
Paul O'Shaughnessy; fiddle
Seánie McPhail; guitar
Noel O'Grady; bouzouki
Colm Murphy; bodhrán
Recorded at Liam Clancy's Studio , Ring, County Waterford, June 1995.
Engineered by Martin Murray.
Produced by Paul McGrattan, Paul O'Shaughnessy and Martin Murray.
Mastered by Mary Kettle at Trend Studios, Dublin.