Music from East Clare
|Mary MacNamara from Tulla in County Clare is one of the great concertina players. Her elegant and subtle playing of the music of her local area is in marked contrast to the rushed playing of many modern musicians. She is joined on some of the tracks by her neighbours PJ and Martin Hayes, fiddlers in the East Clare style, and by Sťamus Quinn on piano.|
1. Cailleach an Airgid (The Hag with the Money) & The Kerfunten Jig
2. Rolling in the Barrel, The Tap Room & The Earl's Chair
3. The Humours of Tullycrine & Mikey Callaghan's
4. The Pigeon on the Gate & Lad O'Beirne's
5. John Naughton's & The Reel with the Birl
6. Paddy Lynn's Delight, Connie Hogan's & Kitty's Gone a-Milking
7. The Killavil Jig & Have a Drink with Me
8. Toss the Feathers & The Boys of Ballisodare
9.The Fisherman's Lilt & My Love is in America
10. The Rooms of Dooagh & The Walls of Liscarroll
11. Caoilte Mountains & The Green-Gowned Lass
12. John Naughton's
13. McGreevy's Favourite, Miss McGuinness & The Sweetheart Reel
14. Maghera Mountain
15. The Humours of Castlefin, The Glen of Aherlow & The Killarney Boys of Pleasure
Produced by Mary MacNamara.
Engineered by SeŠn Devitt.
Recorded at STS, Dublin.